Saturday, February 22, 2003

That Old Garage Radio:

Mom, 3/30/2001 about a poem remembering her Dad, our grandfather, Nono: 

"Hi Dan, I can't believe you find these pictures and remember such detail. This poem takes me back in time too. Nono did this when I was little too. 

Awesome. 

I love you Mom "

That Old Garage Radio: 




Plastic, white, AM, yellowed clear dial, 

Gold letters Admiral and a model, a style, 

Baseball, summer evenings and afternoons, 

Memories and stories and bits of music, too. 

Lawn chairs, cigar smoke, a smile and fun, 

Antique tools and bicycles, a faster run, 

Best friends and grandfathers, things you cannot see, 

I saw one in the broadcast museum, it brought back memory, 

A child's days, a child's ways, thoughts of summer Sun, 

Sparklers and lightning bugs, red scooter runs, 

An old Ford Falcon in green, 

Just another old machine, 

That radio that held the world of summer, 

There in a tiny plastic box, 

What I wouldn't give to watch Nono smoking in his chair, 

There when the Mets played the Sox. 

Take me, take me out to the ball game! 

 AquarianM By: Daniel A. Stafford (C) 2001 

 Author's Comments: Sometimes the finest memories are so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment