Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Darkest Hour:

What are the words you say,
When the one who shaped so much of your life,
Lies hurting and you can not help,
Have nothing but the arms of love to offer,
There in the unseeable black face of good-bye?

I know there will be no more words soon,
And I wish I could put every word in the universe,
Here, now, this minute,
In perfect order with perfect heart,
Just to make you know I love you,
I and many more of us.

When you step through the veil,
Walk beyond all this broken dream,
Sleep, rest, find comfort,
Follow your heart's desires,
Knowing we will love you all the way.

We'll stand by you,
Just before the dawn,
In the darkest hour.

When our own night falls,
We shall find you no matter how far,
Go without fear and without worry,
Into the sunshine.

You take all our love with you, Mom.

That's what you say.

We love you.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 02/03/2003

No comments:

Post a Comment